The UNC Logo
Each colour signifies our characteristics in education, expert sharing, resource personnel and assimilation of current and best practices.
Red for kidneys and ureters, indicate energy, strength, passion and love.
Orange for UNC letterings means warmth, joy, determination, creativity and encouragement.
The Urology Nurses Chapter (UNC) was initiated in July 2019 by a group of dedicated nurses with expertise on Urology in both adult and paediatric settings.
We pledge to provide the knowledge and skills in urologic nursing care as well as seek the highest level of practice. We aspire to provide top-quality education programs and networking opportunities to members.
- Educate nurses on urology-related nursing management to improve patient outcomes.
- Advocate the importance of evidence-based practice in the care and management of patient with urology conditions.
- Be contemporary, proactive and balanced in providing regular and ongoing advice in shaping urologic nursing care.
- Collaborate with other healthcare organisations to the benefit of patients needing urological care.
- Stimulate research ideas and disseminate innovative works in the area of urology nursing management.
- Increase awareness and engagement of nurses with SNA Urology Nurses Chapter.
- Opened to those who are trained in Urology.
- Opened to those who have deep interest in Urology.
- Opened to those who are providing clinical service related to Urology.
- Students or nurses who are furthering education in Urology.
- Must be SNA members.
To be the leading platform in developing and fostering participation and education through a diversified expertise in the management of patients with urological conditions.
To enhance the nursing excellence and improving members’ lives through education, advocacy, networking, and science.
Terms of Reference
- Promotion of excellence in all aspects of care and urology-related nursing management.
- Promotion of evidence-based policy and practice in urologic care.
- Working in partnership with individuals and groups to promote the aim and objectives of this chapter.
- Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Annual Urology Conference/ Workshop
- Recruitment Exercises
- Mini-series lectures
- Conduct and present evidence-based study to improve nursing care and management of patients with urology conditions.
- Engage in conference to share on urology-related research works with international nurses.
- Visit SNA nursing students’ clubs to share on urology-related knowledge.
|Chairperson||Dr Juriyah Yatim|
|Vice Chairperson||Ms Toh Poh Choo|
|Advisor||Dr Png Hong Hock|
|Secretary||Ms Tang Chow Fen|
|Assistant Secretary||Ms Tong Wei Li Lydia|
|Treasurer||Ms Grace Su Wenqian|
|Members||Ms Farhana Begum Bte Abdul Latiff|
|Ms Ranjit Kaur D/O Jarneal Singh|
|Ms Charmaine Goh|
|Ms Amy Lim Ee Lin|
|Ms Karine Sim|
|Ms Ng Yun Shu Lynn|
|Ms Maslinna Abdul Rahman|
|Ms Liang Qing|
|Mr Shandy Tan Jianlin|
|Dr Rosalind Siah Chiew Jiat|