The Tan Chin Tuan Nursing Award recognizes promising and talented Enrolled Nurses who are dedicated to advancing the nursing profession locally.
Founded by the D.S. Lee Foundation in 2006, the Award is open to Enrolled Nurses working in all public and private healthcare institutions in Singapore.
The Award is named after the late banker and philanthropist, Tan Sri (Dr) Tan Chin Tuan, in memory of his dedication, kindness and generosity, which are the same qualities embodied by those in the nursing profession.
Here are the results of the 14th Tan Chin Tuan Award:
Champion – Fatimah Binte Taha Suhaimi (Changi General Hospital)
First Runner Up – Ow Yong Lai Chan (Institute of Mental Health)
Second Runner Up – Yew Xueling (Sengkang General Hospital)
In no order of merit, the other 7 winners were:
- Ainon Bte Harun (Tan Tock Seng Hospital)
- Chen Jing (Parkway-Gleneagles Hospital)
- Juraidah Binte Abdul Rahman (National Neuroscience Institute)
- Ker Yok Tin (Ng Teng Fong General Hospital)
- Siti Nur Eisah Zulkifli (National Heart Centre Singapore)
- Tay Siew Yan (Singapore General Hospital)
- Wee Seow Keng (Khoo Teck Puat Hospital)
Attached is a recorded video of the ceremony held on 19th November 2020 via zoom: