The Tan Chin Tuan Nursing Award recognises promising and talented Enrolled Nurses who are dedicated to advancing the nursing profession locally.
Founded by the D.S. Lee Foundation in 2006, the Award is open to Enrolled Nurses working in all public and private healthcare institutions in Singapore.
The Award is named after the late banker and philanthropist, Tan Sri (Dr) Tan Chin Tuan, in memory of his dedication, kindness and generosity, which are the same qualities embodied by those in the nursing profession.
Here are the results:
Champion – Teo Mui Hiang (Tan Tock Seng Hospital), who was also featured on the Straits Times, you may read the article here
First Runner Up – Kum Chui Lien (SingHealth Polyclinic – Bukit Merah)
Second Runner Up – R Kalai Mrs Senthilkumar K (Singapore General Hospital)
In no order of merit, the other 7 winners were:
- Jeevitha D/O Chndragasan, Assisi Hospice
- Norsalahwati Bte Hassan, KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital
- Nurhatijah Binte Zainal, Changi General Hospital
- Roslina Bte Rahim, National Neuroscience Institute
- Tamoy Carlose Jr Leysa, Gleneagles Hospital
- Zahirah Binte Mohd Kadir, National University Hospital
- Zaw Htwe, Institute of Mental Health
Heartiest congratulations to the 10 winners!