Dear Fellow Nurses,
1. The call for support goes out to all nurses who are not practising, or are practising as an Agency nurse or in non-nursing related areas.
2. On 23 January 2020, the Ministry of Health (MOH) confirmed the first case of COVID-19 infection in Singapore. Since then, nurses have been working tirelessly and selflessly, playing a crucial role in this battle against COVID-19. As the public healthcare system ramps up services to address the escalating COVID-19 situation, we will need a bigger reserve pool of nurses.
3. The Ministry of Health has set up the SG Healthcare Corps to support our healthcare and community care professionals in this fight. I would like to appeal for your support to stand ready in the fight against COVID-19 to protect the people in Singapore, by joining the Healthcare Corps. We are preparing for all scenarios and are reaching out in advance of a potential surge in demand for nurses. Potential deployments are not only to COVID-19 related operations, and can include working in the hospital general wards for non-COVID patients, and in the community care sector. If you are able to contribute, we seek your help to provide your particulars and to let us know your preferences and availability via the form for nurses on healthcarecorps.gov.sg.
4. Any contribution you can make will be most welcome. If you are aware of any fellow nurses who are similarly keen and able to contribute, we would greatly appreciate your help to forward this message and invite them to #standby4SG together.
5. I recognise that these are trying times for everyone, but I am confident that, as skilled and dedicated professionals, you will rise to the challenge. With your support, we will get through this. Thank you in advance for your help as we band together against this pandemic. Take care.
Assoc Prof Lim Swee Hia
Singapore Nurses Association
Please click on the logo below to sign up: